After School Site Director at Miller Middle
- Location: San Jose, Ca, United States
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time
- Company: KinderCare Learning Centers
Working with KinderCare Learning Companies means using your outstanding talents to help set the foundation for lifelong learners, where you can collaborate with colleagues, grow and learn, and positively impact the families we serve.
With over 50 years of experience, 30,000+ employees, and more than 2,000 early learning center programs, we are the most accredited leaders in early childhood education. Together, we create environments where kids grow and thrive. As one of only four companies to receive the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award six times, we’re confident that you can grow and thrive here, too. We can’t wait to meet you.
If you’re passionate about inspiring children and teachers alike to learn and grow, the Site Director role could be for you! Site Directors are passionate about educational excellence and empowering confident teachers. As a Site Director, you will use our nationally recognized curriculum as a framework to create unique and engaging classroom experiences. Site Directors are committed to making their site successful and know that important relationships with children, families, and their team are critical to success. Successful Site Directors are fully engaged, enthusiastic about their work, and eager to share their knowledge.When you join our team as a Site Director, you will:
- Lead and supervise a group of teachers to create unique and engaging classroom experiences, leverage and develop “best in class” educators to be passionate and committed professionals
- Ensure your site is operating effectively; maintain licensing, safety, and educational standards
- Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, school and district leaders, state licensing authorities, community contacts, and corporate partners
- Lead recruitment and enrollment efforts of new families and children in our sites
- At least one year of teaching experience with the ability to develop, engage, and inspire a team
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Ability to build relationships with families and staff and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively.
- Meet state specific guidelines for the role
- Be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity.
- Read, write, understand, and speak English to communicate with children and their parents in English.
Our benefits meet you where you are. We’re here to help our employees navigate the integration of work and life:
- Know your whole family is supported with discounted child care benefits.
- Breathe easy with medical, dental, and vision benefits for your family (and pets, too!).
- Feel supported in your mental health and personal growth with employee assistance programs.
- Feel great and thrive with access to health and wellness programs, paid time off and discounts for work necessities, such as cell phones.
- … and much more.
Working in local schools with our Champions before- and after-school programs means supporting hardworking families and giving back to your community. It also means having the chance to genuinely make an impact on future generations with your outstanding ability to inspire and delight.
As the first national early childcare education provider to achieve the WELL Health-Safety Rating from the International WELL Building Institute, we continue to follow the latest science-backed and evidence-based strategies for maintaining a safe and worry-free workplace.
Our highest priority has always been to keep our employees, children, families, and communities as safe and healthy as possible. KinderCare highly encourages its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect themselves and their communities. We are proud to provide paid time off for employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We are also subject to state law, local ordinances, and Health Department requirements for employees working in child care, school facilities, and corporate work spaces.
We truly believe that everyone belongs in our circle, and everyone deserves to be celebrated for who they are. By partnering with underrepresented groups and experts in DEI, we are identifying areas to improve and forging a path forward through accountability, compassion, accessibility, and inclusion.
KinderCare Learning Companies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location : San Jose, California, United States
Job : Teacher and Center Staff